Technology has done amazing things for us. It keeps us connected and can provide invaluable information about our health, but it could also be hurting our health without our even realizing it.
Electromagnetic frequencies, or EMFs, are actually all around us in the natural world, like the build up of electricity during a thunderstorm or the Earth’s magnetic field that animals use for migration. The problem is that man-made electrical devices like cell phones, Wi-Fi, computers, and microwaves, emit EMFs and have dramatically increased our exposure.
EMFs have been classified as a Group 2B possible human carcinogen by the World Health Organization and research continues to reveal their negative impact on human health, due to interference with our internal cell membrane function, resulting in free radical production, DNA damage, and lower antioxidant levels.
On today’s episode of The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sits down with Dr. Devra Davis an internationally acclaimed award-winning scientist and author of more than 220 scientific publications and 3 popular books, including When Smoke Ran Like Water, The Secret History of the War on Cancer, and Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation.
Dr. Davis was formerly a professor at the University of Pittsburgh and was the founding director of the world’s first Center for Environmental Oncology. She is currently the President and founder of the Environmental Health Trust, a non-profit scientific organization focusing on drawing attention to man-made health threats. Ehtrust.org is considered a major resource for those wanting to learn more about environmental toxins and about the current push to depend on 5G and 5G towers.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The connection between EMFs, cell phone radiation, and cancer (8:06)
- EMFs impact on fertility (18:59)
- How EMF exposure to kids is different from adults (29:03)
- How electronic devices are tested for safety (34:28)
- Speech delay acquisition and technology (37:37)
- How the EPA, FDA, and FCC are being hijacked by the telecom industry (44:40)
- What motivated Dr. Davis to get involved in this work (56:23)
- How cellphones can cause brain damage to children (58:40)
- What you can do to mitigate the damaging effects of EMFs (1:01:02)
- The dangers of Bluetooth headsets (1:13:17)
- Electromagnetic illness (1:19:02)
- California and 5G infrastructure (1:24:37)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Effects of Cell Phone Radiofrequency Signal Exposure on Brain Glucose Metabolism
- Evidence of Health Risks Linked to Electromagnetic Field Exposure
- Safe and Sound PRO RF Meter
- Rat Park: How a Rat Paradise Changed the Narrative of Addiction
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Patreon Group
- California Telecom 5G Streamline Bills
- Study: Wireless Radiation Exposure for Children Should be Hundreds of Times Lower than Current Federal Limits
For more on Dr. Davis, you can follow her on Instagram @ehtrust, on Facebook @ehtrust, on Twitter @saferphones, and through her website ehtrust.org/. Get her book, Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation here.
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining The Dhru Purohit Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by BLUblox and Paleovalley.
As someone who is on the computer a lot, I realized all that screen time was negatively affecting how well I slept. I started learning about blue light and how it disrupts the body’s natural melatonin production, so I decided to try blue-light blocking glasses throughout the day to see if they helped—and they totally did. I love the blue-light blocking glasses made by BLUblox. BLUblox glasses reduced my digital eye strain and dramatically improved my sleep, and I have more energy throughout the day. Right now BLUblox is offering my listeners 20% off, just go to blublox.com/dhru and use code DHRU at checkout.
If you’re on the hunt for better snacks for you and your family, you should definitely check out Paleovalley. Right now they’re offering my listeners 15% off their entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/dhru to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.