These days, we hear a lot about fasting. Intermittent fasting, time-restricted eating, and water fasting are just some of the many terms being thrown around in support of better health. Which one is best? What does it all mean for our longevity, brain health, and overall wellness?
This week on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sat down with Dr. Pradip Jamnadas to talk about how fasting can troubleshoot our biology, boost our energy, and decrease our risk of disease.
Dr. Pradip Jamnadas is the founder and medical director of Cardiovascular Interventions and has practiced in Central Florida for over 32 years. Widely recognized for his skill in interventional cardiology, Dr. Jamnadas has been awarded Orlando Top Doctor by Orlando Magazine consecutively for over a decade.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Why we get fat (10:57)
- Glucose intolerance and hyperinsulinemia (18:46)
- The #1 cause of hypertension (27:10)
- The surprising truth about salt (32:08)
- Why seed oils are not really “heart healthy” (38:05)
- How fiber impacts the gut microbiome (48:11)
- The top benefits of fasting (56:26)
- How to prepare for a fast (1:13:48)
- How your mental state affects your physiology (1:21:37)
- Dr. J’s #1 recommendation for his patients with leaky gut (1:41:35)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Fasting for Survival Lecture
- Ultra-Processed Foods and Health Outcomes: A Narrative Review
- To learn about why fasting is different for women check out our interviews with Dr. Stephanie Estima and Alisa Vitti
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by BiOptimizers and Cozy Earth.
BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough contains 7 different forms of magnesium, which all have different functions in the body. I haven’t found anything else like it on the market. Right now, BiOptimizers is offering my audience 10% off. Just head over to magbreathrough.com/dhru, with code DHRU10.
If you’re looking for super comfortable and stylish men’s and women’s pajamas, joggers, robes, pullovers and hoodies, basically all the stuff we’re all wearing working from home these days, Cozy Earth has got you covered! So what’s Cozy Earth’s not-so-secret fabric that powers their superior comfort? It’s the miracle plant bamboo! Right now, Cozy Earth is offering my audience 40% off. Just head over to cozyearth.com and use the discount code DHRUPODCAST.