We’re constantly learning more and more about COVID-19. How it interacts with our immune systems, risk factors, and hospitalization and death rates are all topics that are extensively covered in the news.
But the origin of COVID is something that is much less talked about. Why does this even matter? Understanding COVID’s origin story is key in helping us prevent a future pandemic.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru talks to Dr. Steven Quay to hear about his investigation into how COVID infected humans in the first place.
Dr. Steven Quay has 360+ published contributions to medicine and has been cited over 10,000 times, placing him in the top 1% of scientists worldwide. He holds 87 US patents and has invented seven FDA-approved pharmaceuticals which have helped over 80 million people.
He is the author of the bestselling book on surviving the pandemic, Stay Safe: A Physician’s Guide to Survive Coronavirus. He is the CEO of Atossa Therapeutics Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics for oncology and infectious diseases. He received his M.D. and Ph.D. from The University of Michigan, was a postdoctoral fellow in the Chemistry Department at MIT, a resident at the Harvard-MGH Hospital, and spent almost a decade on the faculty of Stanford University School of Medicine.
Dr. Quay’s scientific manuscript entitled, “A Bayesian analysis concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that SARS-CoV-2 is not a natural zoonosis but instead is laboratory-derived,” has been viewed over 194,000-times.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The two competing hypotheses of COVID-19 (7:13)
- How SARS-CoV-1 began (12:23)
- Gain of opportunity vs. gain of function research (13:46)
- Dr. Quay’s research concluding that SARS-CoV-2 is laboratory-derived (17:19)
- International inquiry into origins of this particular coronavirus (44:08)
- The implications if we don’t learn the lessons of the true origin of SARS-CoV-2 (55:03)
- Natural immunity vs. vaccinated immunity (1:11:17)
- Understanding the omicron variant (1:14:21)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- “A Bayesian analysis concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that SARS-CoV-2 is not a natural zoonosis but instead is laboratory derived”
- Paris Group Letter
- Did COVID-19 Leak From A Lab? A Reporter Investigates — And Finds Roadblocks
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Pendulum.
Pendulum is the first company to figure out how to harness the amazing benefits of Akkermansia in a probiotic capsule. To receive 20% off your first purchase of Pendulum’s Akkermansia probiotic supplement, go to Pendulumlife.com and use code DHRU20.