When it comes to air pollution, most of our collective attention is focused on outdoor air quality, especially with wildfires and general pollution on the rise.
But what if I told you that our indoor air can be anywhere from 200% to 500% more toxic than our outdoor air? And sometimes, according to the EPA, even 1000% more toxic than outdoor air.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru walks us through why indoor air quality deserves attention, as well as some free and cheap solutions to radically improve your air quality.
In this episode, we dive into:
- What poor indoor air does to the body (7:17)
- Particulate matter and why it’s so important (8:14)
- Sources of indoor air pollution (9:10)
- The costs of air pollution (10:36)
- Air pollution and your brain (12:57)
- Strategies to improve your indoor air quality (17:29)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Try This: How Indoor Air Quality Impacts Your Brain And What to Do About It
- Indoor Exposure to Selected Air Pollutants in the Home Environment: A Systematic Review
- The Role of Indoor Plants in air Purification and Human Health in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic: A Proposal for a Novel Line of Inquiry
- This is Your Brain on Pollution
- How to Grow Fresh Air
- AirDoctor Air Filter
- Air quality monitor
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Vivobarefoot and Pendulum.
Vivobarefoot footwear is designed to be wide, thin, and flexible—as close to barefoot as possible. They promote your foot’s natural strength and movement, allowing you to feel the ground beneath your feet. Vivobarefoot is offering 20% off your first order at vivobarefoot.com/DHRU.
Pendulum is the first company to figure out how to harness the amazing benefits of Akkermansia in a probiotic capsule. To receive 20% off your first purchase of Pendulum’s Akkermansia probiotic supplement, go to Pendulumlife.com and use code DHRU20.