What do obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and Alzheimer’s disease all have in common? They all—along with a host of other diseases—involve a component of blood sugar dysregulation. Considering the rampant use of sugar and flour in our food supply, managing blood sugar is something we should all be thinking about if we want to protect or improve our health.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru talks to Kelly LeVeque about her Fab Four approach to balancing blood sugar and how to transform your health, your body, and your relationship with food.
Kelly LeVeque is a holistic nutritionist, wellness expert, celebrity health coach, and the bestselling author of Body Love and Body Love Every Day. Her deep desire to help her clients, her passion for human nutrition, and her curiosity about how and why the body works drive Kelly to diligently study the latest research, evaluate competing theories, and use this information to make individualized recommendations for her clients. Most importantly, Kelly’s practical and always optimistic approach to nutrition and wellness helps her readers improve their health, achieve their goals, and develop sustainable habits to live healthy and balanced lives.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The Fab 4 approach to supporting blood sugar balance (8:18)
- Kelly’s go-to snacks for balancing blood sugar (8:56)
- The right amount of fruit to have in your diet (13:29)
- Building Fab 4 meals and snacks for infants, toddlers, and kids (18:41)
- Kelly’s approach to fasting (26:34)
- Pregnancy and balancing blood sugar (37:36)
- Hacks if you have a protein aversion during pregnancy (41:55)
- Kelly’s go-to smoothie recipe (44:41)
- Weekly rituals that Kelly incorporates with her family (1:09:07)
- Surprising things that throw off Kelly’s blood sugar (1:17:12)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Fab 4 Courses
- Be Well by Kelly Protein Powder
- Be Well by Kelly Podcast
- Body Love: Live in Balance, Weigh What You Want, and Free Yourself from Food Drama Forever
- Body Love Every Day: Choose Your Life-Changing 21-Day Path to Food Freedom
- Levels Health
- The Family Firm: A Data-Driven Guide to Better Decision Making in the Early School Years by Emily Oster
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Pendulum.
Pendulum is the first company to figure out how to harness the amazing benefits of Akkermansia in a probiotic capsule. To receive 20% off your first purchase of Pendulum’s Akkermansia probiotic supplement, go to Pendulumlife.com and use code DHRU20.