People-pleasing looks like saying “yes” to everything or being the person who’s always there for anything that’s needed.
People-pleasing comes from codependency dynamics—where we gain our sense of self through what other people think of us. This usually means having no boundaries and neglecting our own needs in the process.
On today’s episode of The Dhru Purohit Podcast, we are resharing a solo episode with Dhru where he talks to us about how to stop being a chronic people-pleaser.
In this episode we dive into:
- 10 signs you’re a people-pleaser
- The definition of people-pleasing
- Understanding the origins of people-pleasing
- How to break free from people-pleasing
- Why you have a difficult time saying no
- Why you don’t admit when your feelings are hurt
- Why you apologize way too often
- How to get out of chronic people-pleasing
Also mentioned in this episode:
- 10 Signs You’re a People-Pleaser
- Anthropological Aspects of Ostracism
- The Tim Ferriss Show with Jerry Colonna
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Cozy Earth and Vivobarefoot.
Cozy Earth are the most comfortable, temperature-regulating, and non-toxic sheets on the market. Right now, get 40% off your Cozy Earth sheets. Just head over to cozyearth.com and use code DHRU.
Vivobarefoot footwear is designed to be wide, thin, and flexible—as close to barefoot as possible. They promote your foot’s natural strength and movement, allowing you to feel the ground beneath your feet. Vivobarefoot is offering 20% off your first order at vivobarefoot.com/DHRU.