Most people don’t realize what kind of negative impact their favorite foods have on their blood sugar, and subsequently their entire body. The symptoms of blood sugar imbalances are everyday occurrences for most people—things like cravings, fatigue, acne, and moodiness—but they don’t have to be!
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru talks with Jessie Inchauspé, also known as the “Glucose Goddess,” all about simple, realistic actions we can take to balance our blood sugar throughout the day.
Jessie Inchauspé is on a mission to translate cutting-edge science into easy tips to help people improve their physical and mental health. She’s the founder of the wildly popular Instagram account GlucoseGoddess, where she teaches life-changing food habits to hundreds of thousands of people. Jessie holds a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from King’s College London and a master’s degree in biochemistry from Georgetown University. Her work at a genetic analysis start-up in Silicon Valley made her realize that, as the key to good health, food habits beat genetics. In her first book, Glucose Revolution, Jessie shares her startling discovery about the essential role of blood sugar in every aspect of our lives, from cravings to fertility, and the surprising hacks to optimize it while still eating the foods we love.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Two hacks to keep glucose levels steady throughout the day (2:30)
- Why it’s so important to flatten your glucose curve (12:40)
- The connection between hunger, weight gain, and glucose levels (16:42)
- The three things that happen in your body when you have a large glucose spike (22:47)
- The connection between glucose and wrinkles (25:21)
- Food sequencing to reduce a glucose spike (30:25)
- How to eat rice and have a steady glucose response (48:27)
- The right order to eat pasta (56:30)
- The long-term consequences of glucose spikes (1:01:55)
- Blood sugar, aging, and longevity (1:09:02)
- How sleep impacts glucose response (1:18:50)
- A day in the life of a glucose goddess (1:36:51)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Glucose response: white rice vs. brown rice
- Hack for eating pasta and reducing a blood glucose spike
For more on Jessie Inchauspé, follow her on Instagram @glucosegoddess, Twitter @glucosegoddess, and through her website jessieinchauspe.com. Get her book, Glucose Revolution: The Life-Changing Power of Balancing Your Blood Sugar, here.
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, Facebook @dhruxpurohit, Twitter @dhrupurohit, and YouTube @dhrupurohit. Text Dhru at 302-200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Pendulum and WHOOP.
Pendulum is the first company to figure out how to harness the amazing benefits of Akkermansia in a probiotic capsule. To receive 20% off your first purchase of Pendulum’s Akkermansia probiotic supplement, go to pendulumlife.com and use code DHRU20.
WHOOP is a personalized digital fitness tracker and health-coaching platform that monitors your physiology 24/7 and provides personalized recommendations based on what your body needs. For me, it’s been a game-changer to optimize my sleep and improve my fitness, performance, and overall health. To get yours, go to join.whoop.com and get 15% off your membership with code DHRU15.