Women have an important biological rhythm they experience every month that affects their productivity, weight, sex drive, energy, and mood. It’s essential to stay aware of, but it has been widely ignored by medical, nutritional, and fitness research. Women often diet, deprive themselves, and cram as much as possible into their day, striving to accomplish impossible to-do lists. I see so many of them scheduling their lives based on a 24-hour time cycle, ignoring the intuitive time their bodies naturally keep: a monthly cycle with four hormonal phases. Understanding this offers some incredible advantages.
That’s what today’s episode is all about. If you’re a woman in your reproductive years who’s feeling burnt out, low on energy, or just “off,” this one’s for you. And men, this one is also for you—understanding a woman’s unique rhythms can only improve and enhance your relationships with your wife, daughters, friends, and colleagues.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru dives into the world of the infradian rhythm and hormones with Taylor Groff, a Certified Nutrition Specialist and cowriter of the Try This Newsletter.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The infradian rhythm (6:14)
- The pros and cons of hormonal birth control and correcting hormonal imbalances (26:10)
- The root causes of hormonal imbalances (30:15)
- The Cycle Syncing Method and understanding the four phases of a woman’s menstrual cycle (43:04)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Try This: The Cycle Syncing Method
- Beeya Wellness
- MyFLO Period Tracker App
- In the FLO: Unlock Your Hormonal Advantage and Revolutionize Your Life
- Unlock Your Hormonal Advantage by Harnessing the Power of Your Infradian Rhythm with Alisa Vitti
- Dr. Afrouz Demeri
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, Facebook @dhruxpurohit, Twitter @dhrupurohit, YouTube @dhrupurohit, and TikTok @dhru.purohit. Text Dhru at 302-200-5643 or click here. You can follow Taylor on Instagram @foodhappywithtaylor.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Birch Living.
Birch mattresses by Helix are made of only four non-toxic, natural materials. To get $200 off your Birch Living mattress plus two free Eco-Rest Pillows, head over to birchliving.com/dhru.