Humans and plants co-evolved to help each other survive, and polyphenols were integral for nurturing this relationship. Even though they aren’t considered “essential nutrients,” the latest research is starting to suggest otherwise.
Polyphenols help prevent disease by interacting with our DNA and modulating our gut microbiome; they are not just antioxidants as we once thought.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru talks about what polyphenols do for our gut health and our overall health and how to incorporate eating more of them into your life.
In this episode, we dive into:
- What are polyphenols?
- Which plants contain toxic phytochemicals
- The different types of polyphenols
- How polyphenols feed our good gut bugs and help them grow
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Try This: A Deep Dive Into The Healing Power Of Polyphenols
- A Comprehensive List of “Deadly Nightshades”
- The Top Foods to Heal The Body & Prevent Disease
- How to Reduce Lectins in Food
- Try This: How To Kill Your Zombie Cells
- The MaPLE Trial
- How to Avoid and Minimize “Inflammaging”
- The Mind-Blowing Science of Starving Cancer with Food
- Try This: Smoothie Recipes That Won’t Spike Your Blood Sugar
- Air Fryer Jicama Fries Recipe
- Miami Fruit
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, Facebook @dhruxpurohit, Twitter @dhrupurohit, YouTube @dhrupurohit, and TikTok @dhru.purohit. Text Dhru at 302-200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Vivobarefoot and InsideTracker.
Vivobarefoot footwear is designed to be wide, thin, and flexible—as close to barefoot as possible. They promote your foot’s natural strength and movement, allowing you to feel the ground beneath your feet. Vivobarefoot is offering 20% off your first order at vivobarefoot.com/DHRU.
InsideTracker provides detailed nutrition and lifestyle guidance based on your individual needs. Right now, they’re offering my podcast community 20% off. Just go to insidetracker.com/DHRU to get your discount and try it out for yourself.