Many people think optimizing brain function is only for the elderly. But did you know that we can improve and protect our brain function and structure at any age?
No matter how old you are, there are multiple ways to uplevel your brain and feel your best.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru talks to Dr. Datis Kharrazian about reversing and preventing cognitive decline through actions that boost specific components of the brain.
Dr. Kharrazian is a clinical research scientist, an academic professor, and a Functional Medicine healthcare provider. He is an associate clinical professor at Loma Linda University School of Medicine, a research fellow at Harvard Medical School, and a researcher at the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The top three things you can do today to start protecting your brain (1:53)
- Why nitric oxide is so important for brain health (4:14)
- Misconceptions around why people have high blood pressure (11:10)
- The connection between insulin and high blood pressure (13:32)
- How to naturally lower blood pressure (15:18)
- Early signs of brain aging (20:12)
- The top foods that can lead to early aging of the brain (26:09)
- The connection between a leaky gut and a leaky brain (31:30)
- Dr. Kharrazian’s top supplement recommendations for brain health (43:01)
- The relationship between your thyroid and brain health (56:45)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Glutathione: Your Most Important Defense
- Solving the Puzzle Podcast with Dr. Kharrazian
- Cognitive Decline: Solving the Puzzle Course
- Hashimoto’s: Solving the Puzzle Course
- Autoimmunity: Solving the Puzzle Course
- Gut Health: Solving the Puzzle Course
- Food Sensitivities: Solving the Puzzle Course
- 3D Immune Tolerance Course
- Save Your Brain Course
- Why Isn’t My Brain Working?
- Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms?
For more on Dr. Kharrazian, follow him on Instagram @datiskharrazian, Facebook @datiskharrazianpage, YouTube @datiskharrazian, and through his website, drknews.com.
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, Facebook @dhruxpurohit, Twitter @dhrupurohit, YouTube @dhrupurohit, and TikTok @dhru.purohit. Text Dhru at 302-200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by BiOptimizers and InsideTracker.
Magnesium Breakthrough from BiOptimizers really stands out from the other magnesium supplements out there. It contains 7 different forms of magnesium, which all have different functions in the body. There isn’t anything else like it on the market. BiOptimizers is offering my community 10% off, just head over to magbreakthrough.com/dhru with code DHRU10.
InsideTracker provides detailed nutrition and lifestyle guidance based on your individual needs. Right now, they’re offering my podcast community 20% off. Just go to insidetracker.com/DHRU to get your discount and try it out for yourself.