There is nothing better than options, especially when it comes to good food. That’s why I love serving up this beautiful Tapas Board for all my summer gatherings. It’s got homemade Rosemary Almond Crackers, a vibrant Turmeric Tahini Dip, and easy Goat Cheese Balls, elevated with whatever veggies, fruits, olives, nuts, and other fun stuff you want to add.
Here are a few ingredient highlights: Rosemary and turmeric are powerful spices for supporting memory, mood, and balanced gene expression with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Flaxseeds offer omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, lemon and garlic encourage a healthy immune response, and goat cheese is a great source of protein. Add in a rainbow of vegetables and you’ll have a polyphenol powerhouse all on one plate.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
Rosemary Almond Crackers
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons whole flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon flaked sea salt
Turmeric Tahini Dip
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, microplaned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ⅓ cup filtered water
Goat Cheese Balls
- 1 (4-ounce) goat cheese log
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 1 tablespoon za’atar spice
- Veggies such as cucumbers, radishes, cauliflower, and red onions
- Nuts such as pistachios and walnuts
- Berries such as strawberries and raspberries
- Smoked salmon, wild-caught
- Fresh dill
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. To make the Rosemary Almond Crackers, add the almond four, flaxseeds, nutritional yeast, rosemary, and garlic powder to a mixing bowl. Pour in the water and stir until combined using a spatula. Form the dough into a ball using your hands.
3. Place the ball on parchment paper and cover with another sheet of parchment paper, press down to flatten. Roll out the dough to about ⅛-inch thickness using a rolling pin.
4. Remove the top parchment paper layer and score the rolled-out dough with a knife or pizza cutter into your preferred size crackers. Sprinkle with flake salt.
5. Transfer the parchment paper onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the end to avoid the edges burning. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before breaking up into crackers. Note: The crackers will harden as they cool.
6. To make the Turmeric Tahini Dip, add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, turmeric, honey, and salt to a bowl.
7. Slowly pour in the water while whisking everything together until fully combined. Transfer to the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the board.
8. To make the Goat Cheese Balls, cut the log into 12 slices and roll each slice into a ball with your hands. Place the pepitas, sumac, and za'atar each in separate bowls. Roll the balls around in the various coatings. Set aside.
9. To set up the board, arrange all of the above components on a cutting board or platter and fill in gaps with your preferred additions―see my serving suggestions in the ingredients list. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (based on 10 servings) Calories: 212, Total Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 9g, Carbohydrates: 6g, Net Carbs: 3g, Sodium: 1g