While the term “superfood” carries a certain hype, some foods do earn that status. Food is medicine, and some foods are more powerful medicines than others! Food is the most powerful tool we have to create optimal health.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sits down with Mary Shenouda to talk about the top five superfoods that can level up your health.
Mary Shenouda is a highly sought-after performance chef and specialist. Her clients include both professional athletes and Hollywood entertainers. Mary is also the creator and founder of Phat Fudge, a high-performance food line of her own formulation.
After almost two decades of suffering from debilitating “mystery” illnesses that doctors seemed unable to explain and prescription drugs failed to solve, Mary took matters into her own hands. Devoting years of dogged, personal research into the foods she was putting into her body, Mary decided to change the way she ate and was able to reverse her condition within months. This new lease on life would lead her to abandon a career in tech and start a performance-focused private chef and consulting practice. Working with a team of nutritionists, doctors, physical therapists, and performance technologies, Mary is able to identify and curate specific nutritional needs for a diverse roster of high-performing clients.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The anti-inflammatory benefits of black cumin seed oil, where to find it, and why it’s Mary’s favorite ingredient (1:56)
- How Mary approaches supplement protocols for her clients and herself (13:16)
- Mary’s gut-reset protocol (18:23)
- Mary’s background and how she got into this work (27:15)
- Why liver is nature’s most potent superfood, Mary’s favorite recipe, and where to source it (37:28)
- The superfood qualities of tahini (44:52)
- The power of medicinal mushrooms (51:00)
- Mary’s autoimmune condition and what can contribute to flare-ups (57:24)
- Autoimmune conditions and the importance of sleep (1:05:01)
- Why saffron is a superfood (1:17:27)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Zatik Black Seed Oil
- Phat Fudge
- Gut Reset Program
- Host Defense MycoShield Spray
- Mary Shenouda on The Genius Life Podcast
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by InsideTracker and Birch Living.
InsideTracker provides detailed nutrition and lifestyle guidance based on your individual needs. Right now, they’re offering my podcast community 20% off. Just go to insidetracker.com/DHRU to get your discount and try it out for yourself.
To get $200 off your Birch Living mattress plus 2 free eco-rest pillows, head over to birchliving.com/dhru.