Are you suffering from chronic fatigue, anxiety, or digestive or autoimmune issues? Or are you seeking a simple way to level up your health with a food that is easy to integrate into your everyday routine? Look no further than to adaptogens: nutrient-dense superfoods that have been clinically proven to help support your body’s immunity and gut health, boost brain activity and focus, aid with stress and mood, and so much more!
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru talks to Tero Isokauppila about the power of adaptogens and how to start integrating them into your routine for better health.
Tero Isokauppila is an expert in all things related to nutrition, health, and wellness and is the founder of Four Sigmatic—a functional foods company. He is the author of two bestselling books: Healing Mushrooms, an educational cookbook, and Santa Sold Shrooms, a children’s book for adults about the magical origins of Santa Claus, as well as his newly released book, Healing Adaptogens: The Definitive Guide to Using Super Herbs and Mushrooms for Your Body’s Restoration, Defense, and Performance.
Tero’s roots are in Finland, where he grew up growing and foraging natural foods on his 13th-generation family farm. He later earned degrees in chemistry and business and a certificate in plant-based nutrition at Cornell University. He is a sought-after speaker and has been featured at Summit Series, Wanderlust, WME-IMG, Google, and the Fast Company Innovation Festival.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The top three adaptogens for brain health and focus (1:44)
- The history of adaptogens and how they have been used throughout traditional cultures (7:30)
- How to incorporate adaptogens into your daily routine (11:03)
- Functional mushrooms vs adaptogens (15:18)
- How adaptogens work in the body (16:18)
- The benefits of tulsi and ashwagandha (20:15)
- How reishi and ashwagandha improve sleep quality (27:28)
- Adaptogens and caffeine intake (38:24)
- Psychedelics and microdosing (53:20)
- Pregnancy and adaptogens (1:13:55)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Try This: Step-By-Step Sleep Protocol
- Yoga Nidra 20-Minute Guided Meditation
- Try This: Why You Need a Coffee Break and How to Do It
- Synthesis Retreat
- Heading Health
- How to Change Your Mind Docuseries
- Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia
- Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence
For more on Tero Isokauppila, follow him on Instagram @iamtero, Facebook @foursigmatic, Twitter @foursigmatic, YouTube @foursigmatic, and through his website, us.foursigmatic.com. Get his book, Healing Adaptogens: The Definitive Guide to Using Super Herbs and Mushrooms for Your Body’s Restoration, Defense, and Performance, here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by InsideTracker and Cozy Earth.
InsideTracker provides detailed nutrition and lifestyle guidance based on your individual needs. Right now, they’re offering my podcast community 20% off. Just go to insidetracker.com/DHRU to get your discount and try it out for yourself.
Cozy Earth are the most comfortable, temperature-regulating, and nontoxic sheets on the market. Right now, get 40% off your Cozy Earth sheets. Just head over to cozyearth.com and use code DHRU.