If you’re craving something sweet and seasonal, look no further than these Strawberry Coconut Cookie Dough Bites.
Combining the strawberries and coconut with almond flour, flaxseed, coconut oil, and just a touch of maple syrup creates a sticky dough that requires zero baking. Just roll them into small bites and store in the fridge or freezer for an easy treat.
Strawberries are one of the best sources of fisetin, an antioxidant with healthy aging superpowers. It’s particularly good at increasing our master antioxidant glutathione, supporting mitochondrial function, reducing inflammation in brain cells, and reducing age-related decline in brain function.
I hope you enjoy!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 cup extra fine blanched almond flour
- ½ cup + 4 teaspoons dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or filtered water
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberries, unsweetened
Optional Serving Suggestions
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder (made by crushing some freeze-dried strawberries)
1. Combine the almond flour, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, coconut flour, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
2. Add the almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pulse until the mixture pulls together into a ball. Scrape the sides as needed while pulsing. Avoid overmixing.
3. Lastly, add the freeze-dried strawberries and pulse briefly just until incorporated.
4. Scoop up roughly 1 ½ tablespoons of mixture at a time and use your hands to roll into balls, this should make 14 in total. Optional: Roll the balls in a mixture of 2 tablespoons shredded coconut and 1 tablespoon crushed freeze-dried strawberry powder. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutritional analysis per cookie dough bite: Calories: 117, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 26mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 2g, Net Carbs: 3g