These Matcha Lime Ice Cream Bars are the perfect option when you want a little something sweet on a hot day.
They start with a simple crust of pecans, shredded coconut, and coconut oil, topped with a creamy filling of blended cashews, lime juice, lime zest, matcha powder, and vanilla. After freezing for a couple hours, you’ve got a tangy ice cream bar that tastes like summer.
Lime juice is high in collagen-supporting vitamin C and antioxidants and can benefit immunity and iron absorption. Cashews provide heart-healthy fats and fiber along with copper, magnesium, and manganese for optimal energy production, brain health, immunity, and bone health.
Occasional treats like this can be part of a healthy balanced diet, thanks to nourishing real food ingredients. I know you’ll love them as much as I do.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 1 ½ cups raw pecans
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut unsweetened
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours in hot water or overnight in cold water)
- ⅔ cups coconut cream, solid part (refrigerated overnight)
- Zest from 2 limes, microplaned
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from approximately 3 limes)
- ¾ teaspoon matcha
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, solid
1. Begin by soaking the cashews for the cream filling in boiling water or overnight as well as placing the canned coconut cream in the refrigerator.
2. For the crust, in a food processor combine all of the ingredients and pulse until mixed into a fine crumb. This should be crumbly as well as sticky when pressed together.
3. Line an 8x8 cake pan with parchment paper. Using your hands press the crust down into the bottom of the pan. Making sure to spread it evenly and flat. Place the pan in the freezer while making the cream filling.
4. Make the cream filling by placing all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth.
5. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the cream filling on top. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
6. When ready to serve, remove the pan from the freezer and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Remove from cake pan and place on top of a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to make 16 squares.
7. Keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 210, Total Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 0mg,, Sodium: 80mg, Carbohydrates: 9g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 3g, Net Carbs: 7g