This easy and super flavorful recipe is sure to become a go-to for summer gatherings. Filled with tangy artichokes, fragrant basil and garlic, and as much heat from fresh jalapeños as you’d like, it will light up your tastebuds and goes great with any of your favorite veggies.
Basil is an ancient herb used all over the world with more than 60 different varieties. It’s nutrient-rich and offers plenty of antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin. Basil has also been associated with anti-inflammatory, mood-boosting, and cardiovascular benefits among many others.
I hope you enjoy!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup jarred artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- ½ jalapeño, or more for extra heat
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 large lemon, about ¼ cup
1. Boil 2 cups of water then remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Add raw almonds and soak for 20 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse the soaked almonds. Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for about 2 minutes.
3. Serve the dip in a bowl. Try it as a dip with sliced vegetables. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutritional analysis per serving (if serving 6): Calories: 262, Total Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 299mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 8g, Net Carbs: 4g