Starting the day with a nourishing meal is critical for good metabolic health, and this easy 15-Minute Turmeric Fried Eggs recipe is perfect when you’re short on time.
Eggs are one of my favorite breakfast options thanks to their high protein content, which is linked to balanced blood sugar and reduced cravings throughout the day. They’re also a great source of vitamin B12 to support the brain and nervous system, and vitamin B2 (also known as riboflavin) for metabolism and energy production.
I used spinach in this recipe but you can substitute that with any dark leafy greens you like. And feel free to add an extra egg per serving for even more protein!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
We're grateful for our sponsor:
I’ve been using the countertop reverse osmosis AquaTru Classic water purifier for years in both my home and office to ensure I have pure, delicious water without harmful contaminants. It removes everything from fluoride and chlorine to lead, chromium 6, arsenic, PFAS, pesticides, and more. It’s super convenient and takes zero installation—just plug it in and fill it up.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 ½ tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 large pasture-raised eggs
- 2 small gluten-free tortillas (I used Siete cassava flour tortillas)
- 2 ounces goat or sheep feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Start by making the spinach. Melt the ghee in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, once hot add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Chop the spinach and remove any thick stems, then toss into the skillet. Once the leaves have wilted, about 1 minute, lower the heat to medium-low.
4. In a separate skillet over medium-high heat add 1 ½ tablespoons of ghee, the sliced serrano and the ground turmeric. Sauté for 1 minute then crack the eggs into the turmeric ghee and fry them for 5 minutes until the bottoms are crispy. To ensure the white part of the eggs are cooked, use a small spatula or spoon to baste them with the hot oil while cooking. Once done, remove from heat.
5. While the eggs are cooking and the oven is hot, cut the tortillas into triangles and bake for 5 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet. After 5 minutes remove from the oven.
6. Once the eggs are ready, transfer to a serving plate, add some of the spinach and tortilla chips, then sprinkle with feta and enjoy while warm.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 425, Total Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 411mg, Sodium: 530mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 24g, Net Carbs: 15g