7 KEYS TO ULTRAWELLNESS

MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW how poorly they feel until they feel better. In fact, most of us don’t recognize that fatigue, digestive problems, aches and pains, allergies, headaches, and more aren’t just annoying symptoms. They are early clues to impending diseases that can disable and kill us.

Most heart disease starts in the womb. You can detect brain changes in teenagers that can predict the development of Alzheimer’s disease. Blood tests in children can predict who will develop diabetes later in life. Most cancers take more than 30 years to grow to the size where they can be detected.

How can we address problems that we don’t even know we have? There is an answer. It lies in the revolution that is happening in medicine today. That revolution is called Functional Medicine. I call it UltraWellness, and the 7 Keys to UltraWellness are the foundation of my practice. This eight-article series will introduce you to its principles.

, , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to 7 KEYS TO ULTRAWELLNESS

1. Bob March 14, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

The links on the main page do not work. I get a 404 error on every link.

2. Diane March 15, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

just an fyi, this website is very difficult to navigate. There is SO much information I came upon but cannot find again! The links are not working.

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff March 16, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Hi Diane,

Thank you for alerting us to this. We thank you for your patience while our staff upgrades the system and improves its usability. In the meantime if you tell me your interests I can guide you to the compatible topics.

In good health!
      Lizzy
      Nutrition Coaching Program

3. Karen April 13, 2012 at 12:10 am #

I 100% agree about this web site. Can’t find any of the stuff in the book he said to go to and I see your request is a month old so likely it gonea be a while…… ?????

4. Rick McClure May 9, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

Hello Just had a quick question I recently donated blood and have hyperglycemia which I have had for about ten years that I am aware of !!! I manage with diet which is a loosing battle from what I can tell… My question is this after the 30 min or so that I was on the ALYNX machine ( that is not the correct spelling sorry ) I went home checked my blood sugar and it was 26 which seems impossible, not sure how to correct this it never gets that low and not believing my meter I drank a small glass of orange juice and ate things I wouldn’t normally eat and 2 hours later its 380 ????
    Regards Rick

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff May 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Hi Rick,

Sounds like a tough experience on your body. In order to provide you the proper care you need we hope you will seek the attention of a local qualified Functional Med practitioner soon. To locate a doctor near you who practices functional medicine like Dr. Hyman, go to http://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117 and scroll down to where it says “locate a practitioner” and enter your zip. Progress accordingly from there.

Meanwhile, have you seen Dr. Hyman’s Blood Sugar Solution program? Check it out! Many valuable tips and resources to help normalize blood sugar levels. http://www.blodsugarsolution.com

5. Karen Swanson May 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

I am 60 yrs. old, 400 lbs. and an insulin dependent diabetic with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and 2 broken feet from charcot foot and am allergic to soy. I have had weight loss surgery (vertical sleeve) in Jan. 2012. I lost 36 lbs. in 12 days and haven’t lost anything since then. How do I lose the weight i want to?

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff May 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

Great Work Karen,

Please see http://www.bloodsugarsolution.com for detailed information about properly losing the weight. Dr. Hyman’s nutrition coaches can help you personalize a plan to meet your goals. Check out:http://www.bloodsugarsolution.com/nutrition-coaching/

• vel July 18, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

Hi will like a referal from someone who knows of any practicioner in NJ, NY, or PA, who help to treat auto immune desease, my son was diagnose with scleraderma systemic scloroses, something like isabel story, which Dr.Lyman treated. he has shortness of breath, and the catscan shows information in the lungs, he has been in the childrens for the past 3 monhs, he is 16yrs old, he walks, but slow, because he get shortness of breath, he is being treated with steriods since we have been here, cyctoxan which is a chemo drug, thre are more harsh drug they wants to try on him, someone had email me this website, it help me alot to know there is better form of treatment that can help my son you can also email @ velda1964@yahoo.com
        thank you very much, I certainly did not know this type of medicine existed,
        God Bless you and God bless Dr. Lyman.

6. Angela Hughes August 19, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

Hi,

I’m not quite sure if this is the correct area of the website to ask this but I’m not sure where else to go…

I have suffered with depression for all of my adult life (I’m 51 years old) and was recently prescribed an anti-anxiety tablet to go along with my anti-depressants. If that isn’t enough my Dr suggested a mild sleeping tablet as I’m suffering occasional insomnia! The reason for the extra medication is due to work related stress of an abusive boss which ultimately led to my resignation. I refused both the anti-anxiety and sleeping tablets as I’ve been battling with suicidal thoughts (which my Dr is aware of) and did not want the temptation of all these tablets at my disposal. In the last two weeks I’ve started having problems with indigestion and reflux and at times it’s quite painful.

I know I need to find an alternative way of dealing with my health issues as I’m sick and tired of feeling unwell and I’m reluctant to go back to my Dr.

As I live in Adelaide, South Australia, I was hoping you could recommend a medical professional in South Australia that I could see?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Angela Hughes

• Profile photo of HymanStaff
      HymanStaff September 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Thank you for your message and your interest in Dr. Hyman’s work. To locate a practitioner of functional medicine in your area see the “Find a Functional Medicine Practitioner” link at the Institute of Functional Medicine’s website. Here you will find a place to enter your zip code and look for practitioner’s in your area that have completed the institute’s five-day training course in functional medicine. Understand that not all of the doctors listed here will fit your particular needs. Many different medical professionals complete this training, and you will have to do additional research on your own regarding a particular practitioner’s approach and whether or not it fits your specific medical requirements. This may include calling the practioner’s office, visiting his or her website, and/or scheduling a consultation.

7. Meridian December 11, 2012 at 1:32 am #

I was hoping to print out this article to read later. I can’t find a way to print it easily, nor is there a button to email the link to myself. Am I missing something?

• Profile photo of HymanStaff
      HymanStaff January 24, 2013 at 12:44 am #

No you aren’t missing anything, there is no print function at this time.

8. Avis May 26, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

I really want you so that you can thank to your moment of this
    wonderful read! We without a doubt appreciate every little bit of this and
    I have you saved to see brand fresh things of your blog a must read wewebsite!

9. agrandissement penis June 4, 2014 at 9:55 pm #

Hey I am so thrilled I found your web site, I really found you
    by mistake, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else,
    Anyways I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all
    round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have
    book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great b.

• Profile photo of Team Hyman
      Team Hyman June 9, 2014 at 2:16 am #

Thank you! We hope to provide you with as much information as you need!