Dr. Hyman’s Emergency Food Pack

Watch this video to learn how to avoid Food Emergencies and the “junk food trap.”  Join me in my kitchen again and I’ll share my emergency secrets with you.

23 Responses to Dr. Hyman’s Emergency Food Pack

1. Shanna Larson February 13, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

“Baggies, baggies, baggies” Saving your body but not saving your wallet! Tupperware has BPA and phthalate free products that are reusable, small enough for on the go, and must more cost effective than those baggies that are not made for extended use.

2. Sherry February 16, 2013 at 7:28 am #

Love this idea and I do a mini version of the nuts, jerky and sometimes a piece of fruit in my big purse when I know I’m going to be out and about with a busy day. It’s saved me a lot to say the least. Road trips I do a more extended food pack so I’m not tempted with chips (my downfall). Thanks Dr. H, love your additional ideas/items that I haven’t thought to include.

3. Sonya Milu February 24, 2013 at 10:26 am #

Great video Dr. Hyman!!! I love your snack ideas, however I would not pack my cooler like you demonstrated. LOL!!! Thank you for always sharing so much with our community. We are so grateful for your generosity and passion for educating us to to eat healthy! God bless you!!!

4. Sean April 13, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

too bad no vegan version!

5. Eric English MD January 14, 2014 at 7:42 pm #

Great ideas! I need this kind of food at home as well as at my ER job!

6. Michelle March 19, 2014 at 11:21 pm #

I’d love a list of recommended brands of each item.

7. Julie beal April 22, 2014 at 12:25 am #

I would love a vegan version of these ideas, vegetarian I could adapt too. Love your work!

8. Avatar of Jen
    Jen April 24, 2014 at 4:26 pm #

It would be nice to have this as a list.

• susan June 14, 2014 at 2:24 pm #

Jen, if you see this, email me and I will send you the list I created (in WORD) from this video. Some very helpful ideas here. (susan2009 at gmail dot com).

Thanks, Dr. Hyman. This week I was caught in several food emergencies. So this is a very needed and useful list for me.

• Tom O'Brien September 8, 2014 at 9:03 pm #

Hi Susan,
        I see you said you have a list of the brands of the products that Dr. Hyman recommends for a survival kit. Do you mind sharing?
        Thanks,
        Tom

• susan June 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

Jen, I created a list in Word. I posted my email in a comment below your comment.

9. Marilyn Robinson May 11, 2014 at 11:44 am #

Agree with Jen: a list would be good — with name brands. And do you need a can opener with you if you want the salmon?

He mentioned green tea. Can we have green tea on the Blood Sugar diet?

Was surprised to see crackers in the emergency pack.

Great concept, though. Wouldn’t have thought of jerky.

• Lindyloo August 25, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

Those crackers (Mary’s Gone Crackers) are all natural and gluten free!

10. MEW May 16, 2014 at 7:57 pm #

so, dumb question: can you eat the bones in the canned salmon? I always pick them out…

• Gladys August 13, 2014 at 11:08 am #

Yes, the bones are edible and provide extra calcium. They are pretty soft, too, like soft shell crab.

11. Avatar of ecall
    ecall May 19, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Yes, please provide a list with some detailed information about the suggested products.
    That would meet my needs for clarity and support, Thank you in advance.

12. Walid Laswed July 23, 2014 at 8:06 pm #

good job, thank you

13. Arleen Wright September 18, 2014 at 11:26 am #

Can you use Stevia?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Why Diet and Exercise Are Not the Keys to Weight Loss and Health | How to Lose WeightHow to Lose Weight - June 13, 2014

[…] pressed for time between daily commitments and on the run? You can also assemble what I call an Emergency Life Pack to carry with you to ensure you’re never stuck without healthy […]

2. Why Diet and Exercise Are Not the Key to Weight Loss and Health | HealthBytez - July 22, 2014

3. 5 Reasons Most Diets Fail (and How To Succeed) | Maria Shriver - August 1, 2014

[…] an emergency life pack of […]

4. Another post about sugar, an article with Mark Hyman | Jin Shin Jyutsu Sverige - August 15, 2014

[…] the office, or in a maze of convenience stores, fast food joints and vending machines. You need an Emergency Life Pak. I have one with me all the time, filled with protein, good fats, and good snacks so I never have […]

5. Why Diet and Exercise Are Not the Key to Weight Loss and Health | Maria Shriver - August 15, 2014

[…] pressed for time between daily commitments and on the run? You can also assemble what I call an Emergency Life Pack to carry with you to ensure you’re never stuck without healthy […]