Mark Hyman’s 10 Day Detox Diet to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast!

Learn how you to reset your health in less than two weeks with this detox from Dr. Mark Hyman!

30 Responses to Mark Hyman’s 10 Day Detox Diet to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast!

1. Elizabeth March 20, 2014 at 10:32 am #

Help! I am on day 4 of the detox, I am following it to a T. I have gained 2 pounds. :( I feel better, but I am gaining weight. I am 45, 5’4 and have put 20 pounds over the last 2 years. Both my parents are diabetic ( mom has adult, father type 1.) I have tried everything to get the weight off and nothing has worked. Any advice? I registered in your Wellness Community and now am having trouble with logging in. Is there a support number. Thank you in advance for your help. Elizabeth

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff August 20, 2014 at 7:31 pm #

Hi Elizabeth,
      If you still need help with your log in, please call our customer service team at 1-888-702-2995.

• DS November 15, 2014 at 12:23 pm #

like every other ‘diet’, it’s not for everyone. Whether or not you lose weight with this diet will depend a lot on what your ‘metabolic type’ is (endocrine weakness or imbalance) – thyroid, adrenal, pituitary or gonadal. the best part about this one is that it does work for everyone by improving health in some way with the elimination of alcohol, coffee, dairy, gluten.

2. weight loss plans April 24, 2014 at 9:41 am #

whoah this blog is fantastic i love reading your posts.
    Stay up the good work! You understand, a lot of people are searching around for this info,
    you can help them greatly.

3. Rachel April 24, 2014 at 8:07 pm #

I would like to do the 10-day Detox, but am allergic to eggs. Do you have suggestions for a substitution? Thanks.

• Profile photo of Team Hyman
      Team Hyman June 17, 2014 at 7:52 pm #

Hi Rachel,

You should be able to avoid eggs throughout the detox and substitute for other protein sources such as chicken, fish and nuts.

4. Profile photo of momtrout
    momtrout May 5, 2014 at 7:01 pm #

Looking for tips from 3rd shift workers on following the 10 day detox!

5. Manon Hatvany May 8, 2014 at 4:24 pm #

My son, who is 10 years old wants to do the detox for 5 days. Can you recommend any motifications? Many thanks, Manon

6. Thinnest.org May 20, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

Thanks for the video, Detox seems a good way to losing weight I think.

7. Traci May 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm #

Will you be hosting another 10 day challenge? I would like to participate again.

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff August 4, 2014 at 9:24 pm #

Hi Traci,
      We’re glad you joined us for the May challenge! There will be another 10-Day Detox Diet Challenge this fall. Watch your email for an announcement in the coming weeks!

8. vicki haynes June 20, 2014 at 10:12 pm #

Can I drink perrier water on the detox?

• Profile photo of Team Hyman
      Team Hyman July 30, 2014 at 1:56 am #

Hi Vicky–We suggest moderate amounts of carbonated water.

9. deb July 5, 2014 at 9:20 am #

started 5 days ago have lost 5 lbs I did not like the morning shake so I drink and eat the items in the shake seperate I mix the nuts in the almond butter could not find frozen cranberries I did have a 6oz coffee in the am I do not use sugar anyway It is amazing how much energy I have Not hungry at all good jump start to a healthy change for me! B/P has gone down My sugar was 81

10. Sugarbeties Man July 17, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

I am currently taking 54 units of Lantus every night, and Humalog after every meal, averaging 12-24 units (my “love affair with bread will get me dead” (so says my nutritionist). Is this 10-dy Detox going to be safe for me? If so, will it help me (with increased exercise) make substantial progress towards my goal of “no more diabetes meds”? I am SO sick and tired of stabbing myself with needles!

Thank you.

Dan Carter

11. deck Stains And sealers reviews July 26, 2014 at 8:24 am #

For those looking for something closer to home, there’s The Marquis
    which resembles a classic British pub, featuring plasma screens showing music videos and sporting
    events, plus a pool table. When you get in touch with them, they
    will want to understand what size panel (wattage) you have and what the voltage is.
    A refrigerator is one of the most complex and important items to
    consider while you are moving.

12. Debbie trying to be healthy August 6, 2014 at 10:25 am #

I am on day 10 of the 10 day detox diet. I followed the diet and did not deviate at all. I have PMR (Polymyalgia Rheumatica) and type 2 diabetes. I am 5’1 and 140 pounds. I have been on weight watchers for one year and lost 18 pounds. I was hoping that this detox would kick start my metabolism as indicated in the information for the diet. As far as medications I take a shot of enbrel once a week for the PMR and 1,000 mg of Glucophage with dinner. Although I feel much better, off coffee, dairy and gluten and I am thankful for the health aspect of it. I just can’t seem to loose weight. I was hoping to loose another 5 pounds on weight watchers or with the detox diet but the scale won’t budge. Do you have any suggestions.

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff August 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

Hi Debbie,
      I’m so glad to hear that you are feeling good after the 10 days! There are several factors that could affect your weight loss results. Did you know you can work with Dr. Hyman’s nutritionists virtually? For personalized nutrition coaching where you can receive 1:1 support with Registered Dietitians, please see: http://store.drhyman.com/Store/List/Coaching-Programs.

13. Arleen Wright September 18, 2014 at 11:08 am #

Just want to know why you can’t use canned Tuna? I can do canned salmon but don’t like too much others and I’m using fresh salmon but tuna in a can is fast and I can take it with me easy. Thanks

14. Jackie September 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm #

Can you roast vegetables instead of sautéing them?

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff October 4, 2014 at 11:00 am #

Hi Jackie,
      Yes, roasting vegetables is a great way to add variety to your healthy plate. Enjoy!

• Tamara October 17, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

Can I eat fruit during the day?? I’m 5 days into the plan and it didn’t see anything about fruit in the book. I know you can have it in the morning.

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff October 18, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Hi Tamara,
          The 10-Day Detox program includes a small amount of berries or kiwi in the ingredients for the Breakfast Detox Shakes. There is no other fruit recommended during the 10 days. Once you finish the detox program and are ready to transition to the Basic Plan (please see chapter 18 in the book), you will be able to add more fruit to your diet.

15. cathy October 6, 2014 at 11:05 pm #

I have been on this now, DAY 14.. I have lost 13 pounds of the 22 pounds I have been trying to lose for 22 years

16. David October 18, 2014 at 3:44 pm #

My wife is a vegetarian so I am l looking for other proteins for her, what else fits in to the detox besides tofu that will give her what she needs? She ill eat some kinds of fish, I have searched through the book and it says nothing about canned tuna being good or bad. I looked at the ingredients on the can of tuna and they are (in order) tuna, water, vegetable broth, and salt.

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff October 18, 2014 at 5:37 pm #

Hi David,
      Dr. Hyman recommends organic, non-GMO tofu, temphey, and edamame in addition to fish and eggs. With fish, look for small, wild, low-mercury, sustainably raised cold-water fish such as anchovies, clams, cod, crab, flounder/sole, herring, mussels, salmon (canned or fresh), sardines, small halibut, sable, shrimp, or scallops. Recommended brands include Crown Prince Natural, Vital Choice Seafood, Ecofish, Inc., and SeaBear.
      Wishing you and your wife the best of health

17. Carol Curtis October 19, 2014 at 6:30 am #

Thank you for your Ten Day Detox Burn Fat Diet this blog is awsome and I have lost weight

18. Tracy October 27, 2014 at 11:19 am #

my husband is 6ft 2in and just lost 25lbs and now weighs 175 lbs. he keeps losing weight and wants to maintain at his current weight. He has always had a high metabolism. any suggestions to keep weight on instead of take it off?

Dr. Hyman Nutrition Staff November 1, 2014 at 9:39 am #

Hi Tracy,
      Please encourage your husband to increase his portion sizes and to eat a variety of fresh, whole foods such as lean protein, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and healthy fats to meet his energy needs each day. Did you know you can work with Dr. Hyman’s nutritionists virtually? For personalized nutrition coaching where you can receive 1:1 support with Registered Dietitians, please see: http://store.drhyman.com/Store/List/Coaching-Programs.
      Wishing you and your husband the best of health,

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. School is fast approaching! | Simply Bennett - August 7, 2014

[…] and eating dinner I was in the mood for something sweet. I have been on a no processed sugar “cleanse” for the past month or so. Tonight for my sweet treat I used a recipe that was posted on a […]