We’re going to be featuring brain boosting recipes for the rest of the year into January, in honor of my new docuseries, Broken Brain. I know it’s pretty cold out, but I still enjoy a good smoothie even in the winter. This brain boosting smoothie comes from my friends at Curry Girls Kitchen. It’s got fats, phytonutrients, spices, protein—all the good stuff! Click here for PDF version.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries or your favorite berry or berry combination
- 1 cup coconut water or regular water for low-sugar option
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup hazelnut or almond milk
- 2 - 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter/mana or coconut oil, or MCT oil
- 2 - 3 kale leaves stem removed (or handful spinach/ watercress)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Optional: 1 scoop collagen powder
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend for 1 minute and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (with water, not coconut water)
calories 219 • fat 11g • sodium 133 mg • carbohydrate 21g • protein 11g • fiber 11g