Welcome to The Big Idea of the Week!
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru Purohit, talks to us about the power of boundaries, limits, and constraints.
He shares that without some limits and boundaries it’s hard to remain grounded, and without constraints it can be hard to grow. Dhru talks about how constraints build creativity, and he shares with us a few constraints that he played with in the last 10 years:
- Not spending any money on the weekend to become more mindful about his beliefs about money
- Only watching tv or movies when he is flying or traveling to become more mindful about time
- Not taking on new projects to practice honoring his current commitments
- Working on Sunday’s, but not Monday’s to become better at planning and delegating
- Avoiding all social media, especially surfing news-feeds, unless he has something meaningful to post
- Not dating for a period of time to notice relationship patterns that he was replaying
The key word here is “played with.” He played with the constraint as long as it served him, and once it stopped serving him he let it go. This is how constraints build creativity.
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.