This simple recipe makes a fun snack or dessert and can be customized with any of your favorite toppings.
A layer of yogurt makes the perfect base for nuts, seeds, goji berries, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes. Freezing it creates a creamy ice-cream-like bark with a satisfying crunch.
A few goji berries go a long way. They’re rich in zeaxanthin, an antioxidant that’s particularly beneficial for eye health and damage caused by UV light, as well as other immune supporting carotenoids, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Some studies have even found that goji berries may benefit blood sugar regulation, mood, and liver health.
Cacao nibs are another favorite topping for this bark. They’re small crispy pieces of crushed cacao beans with a chocolatey flavor, full of minerals like magnesium as well as fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Cacao nibs also happen to be one of the least processed ways to enjoy chocolate!
Adding some collagen powder boosts the protein content and provides additional skin and gut healing benefits.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 16 ounces coconut or grass-fed dairy yogurt, full fat and unsweetened
- 2 scoops collagen powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, lightly toasted
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut yogurt, collagen, and cinnamon.
3. Spread the coconut yogurt out evenly on the parchment paper, making it about ¼ to ½-inch thick.
4. Top with the remaining ingredients and gently press using your hands or a spatula to set everything in the yogurt.
5. Freeze for 25 minutes or until firm. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and peel the parchment paper from yogurt. Break or cut into small pieces. Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Nutritional analysis per serving (using coconut yogurt): Calories: 85, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 18mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 3g, Net Carbs: 4g