Dr. Mark Hyman is hiring a Practice Manager for his clinic, The UltraWellness Center, located in beautiful Lenox, Massachusetts.
Practice Manager Job Summary:
Manages and directs day-to-day operations of Functional Medical practice. Involved in a broad range of critical activities, ranging from strategic to tactical, and plays a key role in helping the organization focus on, and achieve, its critical business goals.
Reports To: Dr. Hyman and CEO
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Direct, supervise, and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, laboratory, nutrition, administrative, and other staff.
- Provides leadership, coordination, and oversight in the development of strategic initiatives and special projects for the organization.
- Plans, implement, administrate programs and services including human resources, training, and coordination of clinical and administrative staff. Develops employee and UWC policies and procedures.
- Ensures legal compliance and adheres to accreditation requirements according to state and national laws.
- Establishes goals and objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for The UltraWellness Center.
- Provides integrated analysis and strategic consultation on major issues impacting the organization and reports findings to Leadership team.
- Manages fiscal operations for The UltraWellness Center including planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinates financial reporting.
- Approve payroll paying close attention to cost and budget.
- Directs and conducts recruitment, hiring, and training staff. Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff according to workload, space, and equipment availability.
- Maintains awareness of advances in conventional and functional medicine, computerized diagnostics and treatment equipment, medical records management, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financial options.
- Offers innovative solutions to increase revenue and bring in new clientele.
- Inspects facility and recommends building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety and sanitary regulations.
- Anticipates and resolves potential problems with patients.
- Serves as HIPAA and OSHA Compliance Officer.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations.
- Complies with all HIPAA privacy and security laws.
- Complies with all Federal and State employment regulations.
- Adheres to accreditation requirements according to state and national laws.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the skills necessary to deal tactfully and professionally with vendors, patients, employees, and senior management.
- Demonstrate understanding of health care environment.
- Ability to define priorities and assign resources in pursuit of short-and long-term goals.
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding experience.
- Knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Budgeting and negotiations skills.
- Project management experience required.
- High level of computer proficiency, specifically with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and electronic medical records.
Training and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in the healthcare field.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations.
- Knowledge of integrative and functional medicine suggested.