These Crispy Roasted Drumsticks with Ranch are the perfect meal to share with a crowd. I know lots of folks are enjoying football season and all the food that comes with it, but why not make this weekend a little healthier and try these instead?
Chicken is an excellent source of protein and also provides a decent amount of zinc, which promotes metabolic and immune health. Smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne add tons of flavor, antioxidants, and support good blood flow and optimal circulation.
I know you’ll love these for your next get together!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
We're grateful for our sponsor:
For me to live the active life I want, I need to stay hydrated to feel my best. LMNT is my go-to electrolyte mix because it’s a science-backed ratio of sodium, magnesium, and potassium without any added sugar, artificial ingredients, coloring, or fillers. It helps me prevent cramping and fatigue after playing tennis and hiking, and it actually tastes really good! I love the Raspberry flavor for a refreshing pick-me-up after a good workout. LMNT also has six other flavors to choose from, as well as an Unflavored option if you like to keep it simple.
- 12 organic chicken drumsticks (pasture-raised if possible), skin on
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (or onion powder)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. To prepare the drumsticks, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper into a bowl. Sprinkle the drumsticks on all sides with the seasoning.
3. Line a baking sheet with a cooling rack and arrange the drumsticks on it in a single layer.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake the drumsticks for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven, flip each drumstick and bake for another 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. While the drumsticks are baking, make the ranch by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine then chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. Cut the carrots and celery into sticks, if using, and set aside.
6. Once the chicken is ready, serve warm with the ranch and veggies.
Nutritional analysis (based on 2 drumsticks per serving): Calories: 391, Total Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 140mg, Sodium: 837mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 29g, Net Carbs: 1g