This 5-Minute Detox Latte is a warm, nourishing, caffeine-free drink that you can enjoy any time of day for multiple benefits.
While most of us know it as an annoying weed, milk thistle has strong antioxidant effects and may help promote liver cell regeneration, reduce inflammation, and benefit those with liver disease. It contains flavonoids that can repair damaged liver cells and protect healthy ones from toxins.
Almond butter and olive oil make this latte a bit richer and they both offer vitamin E, another important nutrient for optimal liver function. Olive oil also increases HDL cholesterol and reduces triglycerides, providing protection against fatty liver disease (which has been on the rise from the Standard American Diet).
I hope you enjoy!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
We're grateful for our sponsor:
I cannot overstate the impact of clean air on our health. Indoor air pollution is linked to both short- and long-term diseases and can rob us of feeling our best each day. That’s why I personally trust AirDoctor to protect the places I live, play, eat, and sleep from air toxins and pollution.
- 1 milk thistle tea bag
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups filtered boiling water
- 1 tablespoons raw almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Boil 1 ½ cups filtered water and steep the tea bag along with the mint leaves for at least 5 minutes, then remove tea bag and mint.
2. Transfer tea into a high speed blender and add the almond butter, honey, vanilla, olive oil, and ground ginger. Blend for at least one minute until frothy.
3. Pour into a cup and serve with a pinch of cinnamon on top.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 118, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 3g, Net Carbs: 3g