One of the things I love most about the junction of health and food is recreating classic recipes using nutritious, real food ingredients that serve a purpose. Since pecan pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts, I was excited to put my own spin on it with this decadent-tasting Pecan Pie Bundt Cake.
This grain-free cake is made with protein-rich eggs, fiber-rich almond flour, and heart-healthy avocado oil. Vanilla and cinnamon give it a warm, traditional flavor. A generous drizzle of Coconut Glaze topped with toasted coconut and pecans brings it all together for the perfect crunchy bite. It’s a sweet treat for the holidays, with none of the corn syrup found in conventional pecan pie recipes.
I know you’ll love this one as much as I do!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
We're grateful for our sponsor:
There is nothing better than getting into the world’s most comfortable bed after a long day. I can honestly say I love my Cozy Earth sheets and that they make bedtime something to look forward to. They also make a perfect gift for the holidays! These sheets are made out of the softest, sustainably sourced bamboo material and they provide amazing temperature regulation, so I never wake up too hot. Cozy Earth also has incredible pajamas made out of this same fabric. You can upgrade every room in your house and treat your loved ones with a variety of beautiful new holiday colors, including Pacific Blue and Stone sheets and Pomegranate and Olive pajamas. Don’t miss out on this limited-time offer of 40% off the entire store with code MARKHYMAN40. Use this link.
- 4 large pasture-raised eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil (plus more to grease pan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Glaze and Toppings
- ½ cup canned coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup toasted shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease bundt cake pan well with some avocado oil.
2. In a mixing bowl add the eggs, maple, vanilla, and avocado oil. Whisk well until fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon until well combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until no lumps remain.
5. Use a spatula to pour the mixture into the bundt cake pan and smooth the top for an even layer.
6. Transfer the cake pan to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. While the cake is in the oven, make the glaze and toppings. In a small saucepan add the coconut cream along with the coconut sugar and sea salt. Heat on low-medium and stir until the sugar has dissolved, make sure that the coconut cream is not boiling, about 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and slowly add the coconut flour; stir until well combined and no lumps remain. The coconut cream should be liquidy but not runny. Set aside to cool. Toast the coconut by placing it onto a baking tray and baking it in the oven for 3-5 minutes until toasted. Chop pecans.
9. When the cake is ready, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before flipping onto a plate, gently tapping the pan to help it release.
10. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and top with the coconut and chopped pecans. Slice and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (based on 16 slices): Calories: 242, Total Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 46mg, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 8g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Sodium: 74mg, Sugars: 6g, Net Carbs: 10g