The light, refreshing dressing for this dish contains avocados, a healthy source of monounsaturated fats. The dressing keeps well in the fridge, so make it up to 3 days ahead of time and enjoy with turkey, chicken, or fish.
- 1 Avacado peeled and pitted
- 1 juice Large Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tablespoons Water
- 6 Cups Mixed Baby Greens
- 6 Ounces Roasted Turkey Breast sliced
- 1/2 Small Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Whole Pickling Cucumber thinly sliced
- 10 Whole Green Olives pitted and chopped
- MAKE THE AVOCADO CREAM:
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a food processor and process until very smooth, 1–2 minutes.
- Slowly add the water and continue processing until the dressing is thick and creamy.
- ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- Divide the greens between two serving plates. Top with the sliced turkey, red onion, cucumber, and green olives. Drizzle over the avocado dressing and serve. Stored separately, the turkey salad and dressing will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 ounces turkey, ½ cup avocado cream, about 3½ cups salad)
calories 494 • fat 38 g • saturated fat 5 g • cholesterol 46 mg • fiber 9 g • protein 25 g • carbohydrate 19 g • sodium 526 mg