In this citrus-scented salad, the orange and coriander marry well together. Try this refreshing salad the next time you want to expand your repertoire of preparing cruciferous vegetables. Click here to view PDF version.
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- zest of 1/2 large orange
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the cabbage, olive oil, vinegars and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Add the coriander and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. To serve, divide onto two plates, sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve chilled.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 cup)
calories 73 • fat 7 g • saturated fat 1 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 1 g • protein 1 g • carbohydrate 2 g • sodium 125 mg