Serve this one up at your next dinner party and your guests will be amazed! This delicious recipe from the Amen Team features so many brain-boosting ingredients including omega-3 rich seafood and powerful, anti-inflammatory spices. And be sure to catch Dr. Amen’s team on the Broken Brain docuseries! Click here for PDF version.
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, about 2 cups, medium dice
- 1 large yellow onion, about 2 cups, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon saffron
- 1 large head cauliflower, about 4 cups, grated
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 lb large shrimp,peeled & deveined
- 1 lb large scallops
- 1 1/2 lb salmon filet cut into 1-2" cubes
- 1/2 lb mussels
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup, chopped)
- 1 bunch green onions (about 1 cup, chopped)
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- Heat a large sauté pan or paella pan on high heat. Add the oil, yellow bell pepper, and yellow onion and allow to cook until golden and tender.
- Add garlic to the pan, stir, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes. While this is cooking, add in smoked paprika, coriander, ancho chile, cumin, turmeric, and saffron. Stir and allow spices to toast briefly for 2 minutes. Quickly stir in ¼ cup water. This will create your Sofrito.
- Add grated cauliflower to pan and stir. Allow to cook about 3 minutes. Add in peas and stir. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Evenly spread the shrimp, scallops, salmon, and mussels on top of the cauliflower and Sofrito. Cover with a lid and allow to cook about 5 minutes. Be sure shrimp is cooked through and is pink.
- Garnish the top with chopped cilantro and green onions. Serve with lemon and lime wedges on the side.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 325 • carbs 17 g • fat 14 g • protein 44 g • sodium 204 mg • sugar 4 g