This week’s recipe is from Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Paleo chef, Kelsey Ale. This Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge is a comforting grain-free alternative to oatmeal, packed with anti-inflammatory and high-fiber flaxseeds, tart green apple, and coconut milk for some energy-boosting healthy fats to power up your day. Kelsey also incorporated collagen protein into this porridge, which adds a complete source of protein without changing the flavor or texture. I love that this recipe has no added sweeteners; apples and vanilla extract provide just the right amount of sweet flavor on their own. Warm and spicy cinnamon brings it all together for the perfect morning meal. Download the PDF here.
Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 green apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 scoop collagen protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. optional
- Chopped nuts, cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low, about 3-5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Top with optional chopped nuts and cinnamon, serve warm, and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 331 • fat 23g • carbohydrate 20g • sugar 6g • protein 15g