Cancer is a topic that hits close to home for almost everyone. If you’re not the one in three diagnosed with cancer, you likely know someone who is. While there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to cancer, treatments, and prognosis, there’s also a lot we are learning every day that helps to increase survival rates. With experts like Dr. Ralph Moss leading the way in uncovering the best approach for cancer treatment, we are well on our way to find hope in any diagnosis.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Dr. Moss who has been at the leading edge of scientific investigative journalism for over forty years. His latest book, Cancer, Incorporated, is a blistering critique of the greed and lies of the cancer drug business, and shows how Big Pharma’s deceptions have caused suffering and cost lives. Dr. Moss has independently evaluated conventional and non-conventional cancer treatments all over the world to produce Moss Reports. These unique documents give readers an unbiased and in-depth look at conventional and alternative treatment options for most common cancer types.
In this episode, Dhru and Dr. Moss discuss the long and controversial history behind conventional and unconventional cancer treatments, the increased prevalence of cancer diagnoses, the various causes of cancer, and every day things we can do to reduce our risk. They also cover the roadmap to navigating a cancer diagnosis and what steps someone who is newly diagnosed might take.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Dr. Moss’s backstory when it comes to cancer (4:20)
- Why unorthodox methods are suppressed within the oncology community (9:55)
- How the success of traditional cancer treatment is growing slowly (18:32)
- Why so many more people get cancer today (25:59)
- How genetic mutations related to cancer don’t tell the whole story (33:40)
- Promising unconventional treatments (40:20)
- Why it is that clinics do not recognize sugar as an issue regarding cancer (47:40)
- Additional information about immunotherapy (52:04)
- Roadmap of what’s available for cancer treatments (1:01:13)
- How Dr. Moss put his own team together for his prostate cancer (1:05:48)
- Steps everyone can take to help minimize the risk of cancer (1:13:07)
- New tests to help detect cancer earlier (1:20:05)
- Lasting message for someone navigating a cancer diagnosis (1:25:29)
- How to learn more about Dr. Moss (1:32:12)
For more on Dr. Moss, you can find his books right here: Cancer Incorporated and be sure to check out his Moss Reports and consultations here. Also mentioned in the podcast are the Roche Foundation Medicine found here and the book Cancer as a Metabolic Disease found here.