Welcome to The Big Idea of the Week!
Quality sleep is essential for human health, yet 1 in 3 adults in the U.S. report getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night necessary for optimal health and well-being.
Sleep is regulated by our circadian rhythm, or “biological clock,” that synchronizes with our surrounding environment. Today’s fast-paced world has disrupted the circadian rhythm of millions resulting in poor immune health, increased risk for type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, cancer, obesity, depression, and so much more.
On today’s episode of The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru shares his personal step-by-step sleep protocol that has helped him transform his sleep.
In this episode we dive into:
- Mindset and setting an intention for sleep before your day even begins (6:02)
- Getting sunlight early in the morning (7:08)
- The biggest disruptors when it comes to getting quality sleep (9:38)
- Creating an evening routine and wind down ritual (26:19)
- Supplements to support sleep (31:23)
- Splurge items for sleep (42:10)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Dr. Mark Hyman’s Sleep Masterclass
- Oura Ring
- Broken Brain Podcast Episode #194: Could This Simple Hack Reduce Anxiety and Panic Attacks? With Dr. Kristen Allott
- BiOptimizer’s Magnesium (use the code BRAIN10 to receive 10% off)
- Herbatonin Plant-based Melatonin
- The Five Minute Journal
- The chiliPAD Sleep System
- Letsfit White Noise Machine
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.