Recipe by www.healthylivinghowto.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: none
Makes: 12 bars, 6 servings
6 Servings (6.6 oz.) Life Time Fitness VeganMax (Pea & Rice Protein Isolate)
6 Tbsp. Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
6 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. Smart Sweet Erythritol Non-GMO
1/8-1/4 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
1/8 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
12 oz. Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
6 Tbsp. Almond Butter, Room Temperature
1 Tbsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
6 Tbsp. Filtered Water
Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
Bob’s Red Mill Flaked Coconut, Unsweetened
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
2. With a large spoon mix in coconut milk, almond butter and vanilla extract.
3. Finally mix in water.
4. Using your hands form into a large ball of dough.
5. Dust a piece of parchment paper with cocoa powder and then plop dough in center.
6. Using your hands press and shape dough into a large square and then cut in 6 even strips and then cut each strip in half.
7. Dust the top with more cocoa powder, smear with a teaspoon of almond butter and then top with sliced almonds or unsweetened coconut flakes.
8. Store covered in the refrigerator, can be eaten cold or at room temperature.
When you start mixing the wet with the dry, what forms are crumbles. This is good. You want the mixture to be very crumbly, the smaller the crumbles the better. Once your get your hands in the bowl and start working it, what forms is a big dough ball. It actually becomes quite play-doh like. The texture of the bars is very soft, cookie-dough like. They do firm up just a little in the fridge but don’t harden and will soften at room temperature.