This bright green smoothie from my book, Eat Fat, Get Thin, gets its creaminess from nutrient-dense avocado, an excellent source of all nine essential amino acids that our bodies need to build muscle, as well as the omega-3 fats our brains and hearts need to be healthy. And the green tea, which is loaded with bioactive compounds, helps us increase fat burning. Click here to view PDF version.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 ounces (about 2 big handfuls) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 packet green matcha tea (about a teaspoon)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving (about 2 cups)
calories 480 • fat 39 g • saturated fat 7 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 12 g • protein 16 g • carbohydrate 22 g • sodium 65 mg