I love chia seed pudding! Chia seeds are a super seed filled with fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. On top of being really good for you, they taste great, especially when combined with low-glycemic berries. This recipe comes from my friends at Curry Girls Kitchen. Enjoy for breakfast or a snack! Click here to view PDF version.
Super Simple Chia Seed Pudding
- 3 tablespoons whole chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 cup hot water or nut milk
- 1/2 cup washed organic berries
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (can substitute toasted or raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine the chia seeds, cardamom, and cinnamon and pour the hot water over the mixture. Let rest to firm up, about 20-30 minutes.
Wash the fruit and slice into bite-sized pieces if needed.
Top the thickened chia seed pudding with berries, coconut flakes and any other seeds. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (with water)
Calories: 262 • Fat: 16 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg • Fiber: 13 g • Protein: 12 g • Carbohydrates: 24 g • Sodium: 7 mg