This warm, delicious stew is the perfect fall meal to serve for dinner and save for lunch the next day. It’s flavorful, and rich in healthy fats and veggies. You’re going to love it! Please click here to view the PDF version of recipe.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, dark green leaves removed
- 2 bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces tomato puree
- 8 ounces full fat coconut milk
- ½ pound celery root
- 1 pound white fish (monkfish, haddock, sole, halibut, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped thyme, oregano, rosemary, and or parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
Gather all your vegetables and chop them into small pieces and set aside. Then cut the fish into bite-size pieces and set aside.
Heat the oil in a 2 quart sauce pan on medium-high heat then add the leeks and bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add the garlic, cook for an additional minute, and then add the tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes before adding the celery root and fish.
Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes before tasting, adding the lemon juice, salt to taste and stirring in the chopped herbs. Spoon into two soup bowls and serve immediately. Store any leftovers refrigerate, in a sealed glass container, for up to 3 days.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories 431 • Total fat 22 g • Protein 28 g • Fiber 3 g • Sugar 5 g • Sodium 186 mg