It’s not just genes; your environment could be harming your thyroid. I had the pleasure to sit down with thyroid expert Dr. Izabella Wentz and talk about all things thyroid last year, and one of my favorite moments of the interview was our discussion around environmental toxins and their impact on the thyroid health.
After being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis in 2009, Dr. Wentz was surprised at the lack of conventional medical knowledge about lifestyle interventions for Hashimoto’s, hypothyroidism, and autoimmune conditions. She decided to take on lifestyle interventions as a personal mission, in an effort to help herself and others with Hashimoto’s.
In this video, we discuss the following:
- Thyroid harming toxins in your water
- Makeup products that are harming your health
- How to determine if you’re mercury sensitive
- How to detoxify your body
- How chronic infections affect thyroid health
- How leaky gut can lead to thyroid disorder
To learn more about taking care of your thyroid, check out this blog.