- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery diced
- 1 Cup Green Split Peas rinsed
- 6 Cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Fresh Peas
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery, and lightly sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the split peas and water or stock and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and add the rosemary. Simmer until the split peas are tender, about 40 minutes. Add salt. Continue to cook until the beans are very tender.
- For a smoother soup, blend all or part of it. Add the fresh peas and simmer just until the peas are tender, about 5 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Adjust the salt, if needed, and add pepper to taste.
- Serve with Spicy Roasted Squash (see below), unless you are on the advanced plan, In which case you should choose another side dish.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 182 • carbohydrates 29.2 g • fiber 11.7 g • protein 11.0 g • fat 3.0 g • cholesterol 0 mg • sodium 336 mg • calcium 67 mg