Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups. Fun, flavorful, and packed with healthy fats from the coconut and peanuts, these homemade treats are an upgrade from the hydrogenated versions you should avoid at the store. You can substitute other nut butters or sunflower seed butter, but you’ll need to adjust the honey to taste.
Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil Bottom Layer
- 1/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter Bottom Layer
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract Bottom Layer
- 2 Tablespoons Honey Bottom Layer
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil Top Layer
- 1/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter Top Layer
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Top Layer
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract Top Layer
- 2 Tablespoons Honey Top Layer
- MAKE THE BOTTOM LAYER:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until very smooth.
- Set 10 mini baking cups in a mini muffin pan. Pour about one table- spoon of the bottom-layer mixture into each baking cup without dribbling it down the inside of the paper (or you’ll get streaks in the final product). Place on a flat surface in the freezer.
- MAKE THE TOP LAYER:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until evenly incorporated. Remove the pan from the freezer and fill each baking cup to the top with the top-layer chocolate mixture.
- Put the tray back in the freezer and let chill until the chocolate layer has hardened, about 15 minutes. Store the peanut butter cups in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Chill time: 30 minutes
Nutritional analysis per Serving (1 peanut butter cup)
calories 144 • fat 13 g • saturated fat 7 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 1 g • protein 4 g • carbohydrate 8 g • sodium 2 mg