This scrumptious Roasted Beet Salad with Bacon, Figs and Walnuts recipe is ideal for those doing the Basic Plan!
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 1/4 dressed salad): calories 202, fat 12 g, saturated fat 1 g, cholesterol 4 mg, fiber 4 g, protein 7 g, carbohydrate 21 g, sodium 236 mg
Roasted Beet Salad with Bacon, Figs and Walnuts
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Ready In:
This scrumptious Roasted Beet Salad with Bacon, Figs and Walnuts recipe is ideal for those doing the Basic Plan! Nutritional …
- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 2 large Beets
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Figs sliced
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 5 slices Bacon nitrite/nitrate – free
- 14 ounces Arugula
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 tbsp Bacon drippings
- 2 tbsp Champagne Vinegar white wine vinegar is fine too
- 1/2 cup Walnut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse beets, and pat dry. With a sharp knife, cut each beet into bite-sized cubes. Toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper. Place in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Roast for 45 minutes, or when fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, place figs and walnuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Reserve a small spoonful of the drippings and set aside to cool. Drain bacon on a couple layers of paper towels when finished cooking.
- When bacon is cool to the touch, chop into bite-sized pieces and add to the fig and walnut mixture. Toss with arugula.
- Make dressing. Mix reserved drippings, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add beets to the mixture and toss to combine. Stream in dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Course: Salad