My new book, Food: What the Heck Should I Eat? features recipes containing healthy fats, protein, and slow carbs! This recipe makes an amazing breakfast or quick lunch that is most enjoyable when tomatoes are fresh and in season. It’s incredibly versatile, protein-packed, and easy on your digestive system. And it’s always a hit with kids! Click here for PDF version.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter or ghee
- 1 small tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh herbs (chives, thyme, parsley, dill, oregano), roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and water.
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm the butter over medium heat until shimmering. Add the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the eggs form soft curds, about 3 minutes.
- Fold in the tomatoes and remove the pan from the stove. Gently fold in the goat cheese and herbs, divine among four serving plates, and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 250 • fat 10 g • saturated fat 15 g • cholesterol 359 mg • fiber 0.3. g • protein 16 g • carbohydrate 2 g • sodium 480 mg