This simple Asian Cabbage Salad comes from Liana Werner-Gray’s book, 10-Minute Recipes: Fast Food, Clean Ingredients, Natural Health. It’s packed with nourishing ingredients like carrots and sesame seeds that make up a crunchy, refreshing bite. This salad will really fill you up thanks to all the fiber in the cabbage and healthy monounsaturated fats from olive oil; it’s a healthy lunch or dinner option and also really easy to make! Click here for PDF version.
- For the salad:
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated or shredded
- For the dressing:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon amino acids, like Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce (optional)
- Mix the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl and toss.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well in a separate bowl. Pour on the salad and toss until well coated.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 199.9 • total fat 16.1g • carbohydrate 14.5g • dietary fiber 2.8g • protein 2.2g