Welcome to my first edition of Meals Made Easy!
I love sharing my weekly Saturday Mark’s Kitchen recipes with you, and I heard your comments about wanting simpler recipes that take less time.
Now, every Tuesday, you can plan on receiving an additional weekly recipe that is 10 ingredients or less and can be made in under 30 minutes. I call them Meals Made Easy.
My goal is to stick with easy-to-find ingredients that don’t take a lot of fancy prep-work to make an amazing dish. One small caveat on the ingredients: olive oil, salt, pepper, and water do not count towards the 10 ingredients as those are things you hopefully already have on hand.
This first Meal Made Easy recipe I’m sharing with you is suprisingly simple but full of so much flavor. By slicing steak into thin strips, it cooks in less than a minute and pairs perfectly with a few fresh herbs and veggies. A little dollop of tahini and some optional jalapeño oil add a lot of extra flavor with almost no extra time.
I’m grateful to have you here and hope you love these recipes as much as I do.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 2 pounds grass-fed top sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup filtered ice water
Jalapeño Oil (optional)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 6 red radishes, thinly sliced (using a mandoline or sharp knife)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Remove fatty parts from the steak and slice into ¼-inch thick slices, against the grain. Pound the slices out using a meat mallet (you can also use a rolling pin or cast iron pan), to about ⅛-inch. Toss the slices with the avocado oil in a bowl and set aside to reach room temperature.
2. Add all of the tahini ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined.
3. Make the jalapeño oil in a separate bowl by whisking all of the ingredients together.
4. To make the steak, heat up a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Once very hot, sear a few pieces of steak at a time for 30 seconds, then turn and sear for another 20 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to rest while searing the remaining pieces.
5. To the plate, add a dollop of tahini and top with the steak. Drizzle with jalapeño oil and garnish with the tomatoes, radish slices, and fresh parsley.
Nutritional analysis per serving (based on 6 servings) Calories: 469, Total Fat: 32g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 76mg, Sodium: 702mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 40g, Net Carbs: 6g