This recipe is quick and easy for any night of the week, helping you put a beautiful-looking meal on the table in just 30 minutes.
Using parchment paper to roast the salmon with crisp bok choy and green beans creates a tender, flavorful, well-rounded meal with little clean-up.
While oranges and their juice are renowned for their vitamin C content, the peel (or zest in this case) offers a good amount as well, plus the polyphenols hesperidin and polymethoxyflavones which may hold anticancer benefits.
Bok choy is another superstar ingredient in this dish. It’s rich in bone-building vitamin K, thyroid-supporting selenium, and plenty of antioxidants to optimize aging.
I hope this recipe makes healthy eating easier and more enjoyable for the whole family.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, microplaned
- 1-inch fresh ginger, microplaned
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 (6-ounce) wild-caught salmon fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 bunch green beans (about 2 cups)
- 1 spicy red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- Kitchen twine
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Combine the orange zest and juice, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, salt, coconut aminos, and avocado oil in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour the orange mixture over the salmon in a bowl and set aside while preparing the veggies.
4. Divide the bok choy and green beans amongs 4 square sheets of parchment paper, followed by the salmon pieces, then finish with the sliced chili.
5. Close the parchment papers by wrapping them around the salmon like a candy wrapper, seal using kitchen twine. Alternatively, if you don’t have kitchen twine, you can fold the parchment around the salmon and tuck it underneath. Transfer onto a sheet pan or baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. To serve, lay one papillote per plate and pull the parchment paper open in the center.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 406, Total Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 882mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 12g, Protein: 44g, Net Carbs: 15g