If you’re one of the millions of Americans suffering from obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure or even just plain feeling crummy as a result of the Standard American Diet (SAD), you’ll want to seriously consider detoxifying.
Unfortunately, feeling lousy has become the “new normal” for many people. We dismiss things like carrying around extra weight, feeling achy, constantly being tired, having no sex drive, and increased risk for disease as natural side effects of aging
A well-designed detoxification plan such as the 10-Day Detox can help to reset the body and kickstart our health. One of the key components of the 10-Day Detox is including a plethora of foods that help boost the body’s natural detoxification processes.
These foods include:
- Cruciferous vegetables daily – at least 1 cup daily – includes broccoli, kale, collards, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower
- Garlic cloves – 2 to 3 every day (or take a garlic supplement)
- organic green tea in the morning instead of coffee
- Fresh vegetables juices – includes celery, cilantro, parsley and ginger
- Prepared herbal detoxification teas containing a mixture of burdock root, dandelion root, ginger root, licorice root, sarsaparilla root, cardamom seed, cinnamon bark and other herbs
- High-quality, sulfur-containing proteins includes eggs, whey protein, garlic and onions
- Bioflavonoids which are found in grapes, berries and citrus fruits
- Dandelion greens to help liver detoxification, improve the flow of bile and increase urine flow.
- Celery to increase the urine flow and aid in detoxification.
- Cilantro which may help remove heavy metals
- Rosemary, which contains carnosol, a potent booster of detoxification enzymes
- Curcuminoids (turmeric and curry) for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action
- Burdock root to aid in detoxification
- Chlorophyll found in dark-green leafy vegetables and in wheat grass
- Pycnogenol (found in grape seeds) in supplement form for support of detoxification and circulation
I’ve put together a list of my favorite recipes featuring some of these ingredients to share with you. They each include a variety of powerful plant superfoods to boost your detoxification systems, and they taste great. Hope you enjoy!
Want More Support? Try One of Our Detox Programs