Almond meal can be found in many grocery stores in the organic or baking sections. You can make your own almond meal by finely grinding whole, sliced or crushed almonds in a food processor or magic bullet until it achieves the same consistency and size as the ground flax.
Marinate the chicken in all ingredients, except the almond meal and flax, anywhere from 1–24 hours prior to making the dish to enhance the flavor or prepare the dish in advance.
- 4 5 oz Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Flax
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Onion finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Take the chicken pieces and pound them evenly flat across the breast using a kitchen mallet or other heavy kitchen utensil.
- Pour almond meal and flax into a small bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- In another small bowl combine the olive oil, almond butter, lemon juice, and all spices and herbs. Mix in small food processor or by hand. Once combined add the chicken breasts to this mixture.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade bowl and place on baking tray. Sprinkle half of the almond/flax mixture evenly across one side of all 4 chicken breasts. Pat each chicken piece with hand to better adhere the “crust” to the chicken. Carefully turn over each chicken piece and repeat process using the remaining half of the almond/flax mixture on the other side of the 4 chicken breasts.
- Place tray with crusted chicken in center of the oven and bake for 20–30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reaches 168 degrees on the thickest part of the chicken.