Try this luscious, dairy-free, rich, silky and smooth panna cotta to finish your meal. This recipe has a creamy texture from the coconut milk but holds together nicely because of the secret ingredient – gelatin. Look for unflavored gelatin that is sourced from grass-fed, healthy animals to add both an excellent source of pure protein and texture to desserts, snacks and smoothies. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 pound Fresh strawberries (organic) rinsed, stems/leaves removed
- 1 teaspoon Real vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey
- 2 tablespoons Gelatin
- 1 pinch Sea Salt (Pink Himalayan works well)
- 2 tablespoons Finely unsweetened shredded coconut
- Grease 4 ramekins with the coconut oil.
- Warm the milk, berries, vanilla, and honey in a saucepan over medium-heat for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to the lowest setting. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add the gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Blend with the immersion blender so the gelatin is thoroughly mixed in with the berry mixture, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the ramekins, sprinkle each with a little salt and shredded coconut and place in the refrigerator to cool for an hour, or until panna cotta reaches desired consistency.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 ramekin)
calories 240 • fat 22g • saturated fat 19g • cholesterol 0mg • fiber 3g • protein 6g • carbohydrate 14g • sodium 95mg