Sometimes you just need a good snack in between meals or a small plate to serve to guests. When people think of snacks, they usually think of chips, popcorn, cookies and other processed foods. Snacking doesn’t have to be unhealthy; in fact, it shouldn’t be. This roasted garlic and tahini spread is the perfect snack to serve with crudite or flax crackers, and it’s approved for all of my programs. Enjoy! Click here to download the printable PDF.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups tahini
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Peel all the garlic and then slice thin. Repeat with the shallot.
- Place the olive oil, garlic and shallots in a medium sauté pan and heat on low heat for 5-6 minutes to infuse the oil. Remove from the heat, stir in the rosemary and thyme and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tahini, the remaining ingredients and the garlic + oil mixture. Stir to combine. Serve with sliced vegetables or flax crackers. Best served at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
Nutritional analysis per serving
(about 2 tablespoons): Calories 250 • Total fat 17.2 g • Fiber 7.7 g • Protein 6.4 g • Sodium 55 mg