This rich dessert comes together in just 15 minutes and is sure to become a new family favorite. Avocado, coconut cream, cacao powder, and a little maple syrup blend together to make a smooth mousse rich in healthy fats and antioxidants.
To top it off I made some coconut whipped cream with a boost of nutty tahini and peppermint extract.
I love seeing how people’s faces light up when I tell them chocolate is good for us. But it’s not just all chocolate, it’s the pure cacao that holds the real benefits like gut and brain supporting polyphenols and flavanols that support a better mood and heart-healthy nitric oxide production.
This is a great dessert to serve individually in ramekins for just a little something sweet at the end of a meal.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup cacao powder, unsweetened
Peppermint Halva Whip
- 1 can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Cacao nibs
1. In a high-speed blender, add all of the chocolate mousse ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, but avoid overmixing.
2. Divide into ramekins and chill in the refrigerator while preparing the rest.
3. To make the whipped cream, use only the solid parts from the chilled coconut cream and whip with an immersion blender or hand mixer for about 30 seconds until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the tahini paste, maple syrup, and peppermint extract until smooth.
5. Gently fold the tahini mixture into the whipped cream until evenly incorporated.
6. Top each ramekin with peppermint whipped cream and sprinkle with cacao nibs.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 428, Total Fat: 38g, Saturated Fat: 29g, Sodium: 17mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 4g, Net Carbs: 19g